Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gordons New Kitty

As Joe and Casey watched their entire lives pan out ebfore their eyes outside, and Parker tried to keep Mali from burning the gymnasium to the ground, Gordon wandered aimlessly through the building. He found a refreshment bar, and took a seat next to a blonde girl, who was angirly staring at the wall.

"That's wall piss you off, did it?" Gordon asked.

"Nope. Only thing that pissed me off is nosey strangers." she says, never taking her eyes from the wall.

"Sorry if I'm intruding. I just can't help but talk to the sad and annoyed lookin' ladys. It's kinda my thing" Gordon says, trying to choose his words with the angry young girl carfully.

"Well, there's nothing to see here, so you can move right along." she says, finally looking at him. Gordon notices the snake bite piercings in her lower lip.

"You fall into a tackle box love?" he asks.

"I swear to Christ, if one more fuckin' local redneck, God loving yokel asks me that, I'm going to kill every last fucking person in this God foresaken state!" the girl yells.

"No worries love, I'm not local. Name's Gordon. I'm here with some mates of mine. Kind of a little adventure we're on. We're just passin' through." Gordon explains.

"Why the fuck would you come to Utah? There's absolutly nothing here that would be of interst to anyone. Like, nothing. At all." shes asks.

"Well, it's kinda of a long story, involving a poetry contest, a film maker, Burning Man, psycadelic drugs, that kinda thing. Two of the other chaps are about to crucify someone on stage, and I'm not quite sure where the other two are." Gordon says.

"That'd probably be my boyfriend their about to slaughter. Don't blame them. He's a tool and I've been looking for a reason to ditch him for the last three months. What kinda shit do you guys get into?" shes asks.

"Stories." Gordon answers.

"Stories?"

"Yep. We kinda have this thing goin' where we tell stories. I got one of our dice here, if ya wanna have a go." Gordon says, as he pulls a die from his pocket. The girl takes it, and rolls, it. She rolls a six.

"What does that mean?" she asks.

"Well, you just need to think of a word, and tell a story about it. Any word at all." he says.

Well, a lot of people around here call me a freak. I've never really known why. I don't have an extra tit, or a third eye, or anything like that. Yeah, I have a few piercings, a couple tattoos, and I like to color my hair from time to time, but does that really constitute calling me a freak? I mean, there are quite a few people around here that I would label a freak before me. It's like the second you try and stand out a little bit from the drones around here, you're treated like a fucking outcast. I got suspended from school once for putting one pink streak in my hair. One line of color, and I'm kicked out for a week. It's like if you don't smoke God's cock and have six kids and two wives, you're a mutant. Half of these people have like more kids then they know what to do with, and I've only ever been with two guys, but I'm the freak. I'm pretty sure God abandoned Utah a long time ago.

"Wow, you have a lot of anger in that little body, dontcha love?" Gordon asks.

"Just a little." she says with a smirk. As they talk, Mali and Parker approach them.

"Well, I think Mali just got us kicked out of the state, so what say we get movin', huh?" Parker says.

"I see you guys met my boyfriend. He's a real charmer, isn't he?" the girl asks.

"You have terrible taste in men." Mali says, still very noticibly angry.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet my new friend..erm..what was your name again" Gordon asks.

"Katherine. You guys can call me Kat, it's a little bit better than some of the other names I've been called." she says. "You guys mind if I tag along with you? Barry over there is gonna come crying to me any sec about how you hurt his feelings, and I have absolutly nothing in this place. I'm afraid if I stay here any longer I might set a new record for homicides in one place."

Gordon, Mali, and Parker all look to each other and shrug slightly.

"I don't see why not, you may be the most normal tag along we've had yet. We may wanna run it past Joe and Casey though." Parker says.

"Yeah, that's not a bad idea." Mali says. "Where are Joe and Casey anyway?"

No comments: